Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP x24ih; OMEN 30L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm running an OMEN 30L with a x24ih as my second monitor (bought the monitor earlier this week) to make things easier for myself. I connected it to the computer with a HDMI-to-DP cable and everything was working just fine up to this morning. Upon booting up, the second monitor would read:

DisplayPort: Inactive

HDMI: Inactive

Followed by saying: Input Signal Not Found

It's set up so the HDMI portion is in the monitor, DP in the computer.

Here are the methods I tried:

Unplugged monitor from power source for one minute, plug it back in. Didn't work.

Connected the HDMI-to-HDMI cable to second monitor. Worked.

Put HDMI-to-DP on other monitor. Didn't work.

Connected a new HDMI-to-DP cable. Didn't work.

Do I need a DP-to-DP cable for this issue, or could it be the connection on the OMEN?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Maggs09 

What is your Omen 30L ? Probably the port on your machine is disabled.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.