Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 850 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

These laptops will not recognize the second monitor when ANY KIND of adaptors used.  The laptop has an HDMI port, the monitor has a Display port, I have an HDMI cable plugged into the laptop, the other end of the cable in plugged into the adapter and that is plugged into the monitor.  The laptop will not see the monitor at all and the monitor does not see the computer either.    

I have plugged the computer up to the TV without the adapter and it works fine so the cable is not the problem.  I also know the adapter works as I am using it now to write this...  I have tried this with 6 different laptops thus far and it is all the same.   Please tell me you people did not do this on purpose....

This is just stupid.... please help!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello

I know you can use a DisplayPort on a computer, then and adap'ter from DP to HDMI, then HDMI cable to the monitor.

ARe you sure that the DP-to-HDMI adpater works also in the opposite way HDMI-TO-DP ?

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.