Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (750 Views)

HID-compliant touch screen- not working, unable to use touchscreen

Product Name: ENVY Sleekbook 4-1115dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The touchscreen stopped working suddenly on my Envy TouchSmart Sleekbook 4-1115dx. At first i though it was like a normal failure and that will get fixed by turning the pc off or restarting so I did not pay attention to it until now that I had restart my pc multiple times. Currently running win10. I started to believe it was because of an update a few days ago since it was when the problem started but all drivers and everything is up to date. I have checked for the HID-compliant Touch Screen driver and had to  show hidden divices in order to find it. I cannot enable it and when i check in the properties the following message displays:

"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

I have no idea on how to connect or how it got disconnected. I come from a similar thread but did not solve my problem. I have been researching this for hours and have not found and answer. Help please! 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 6 (728 Views)

Re: HID-compliant touch screen- not working, unable to use touchscreen

@Assysana,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service!

I understand the touchscreen is no longer working, 

I would recommend you to check if the Touchscreen is responding on the BIOS by restarting the computer and tapping on the F10 key to gain access to the same (note that it's a confirmed a hardware failure if the touch doesn't respond on BIOS) and you will need to contact the HP Phone support to set up a repair service (Free, if the computer is within the hp warranty).

If it works on bios, please click here to resolve any software issues.

Keep me posted, though!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (689 Views)

Thanks for replying, I am confused a litle bit about the BIOS, I went there but I do not know what to do from there. Any ways I've decided to do a full reset on my pc because since the last update my pc has gone through many problems specialy with drivers. Sound drivers have been compromised. I have got many error messages. One of them was about some USB that windows was not recognizing, and the only thing i have connected is my mouse which was working fine, could be the screen? I will check back with you once I have my pc up and running again. 

Thank you, I'll keep you updated.

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6 (663 Views)

Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (612 Views)

Hello!

I have some good news. It worked! The thing is I have no idea of how or what happened to it. I forgot the touchscreen didn't work and tried to use it and it worked fine. I've been on and off my laptop a lot trying to back up files in order to reset so I have not done anything other than that. 

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6 (609 Views)

@Assysana

I'm glad it worked out,

Please let me know if you need anything else, though.

Have a good day ahead,

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation