Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY M6 SLEEKBOOK
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

hello peeps

I need someone to tell me how to cancel the touchscreen, I can´t do almost anything with the mouse or with my fingers because that area is constantly active ...

i tried to disable touchscreen using the following step

1. Press the Windows key + X.
  2. Select Device Manager from the list.
  3. Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
  4. Click the touch screen driver.
  5. Right-click, and select Disable from the list.
  6. Click Yes on the dialog box.                                                     BUT I DIDNT FIND ANY SOLUTION KINDLY HELP ME OUT                                                                                                                                          THANK YOU       
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@jarvis1995, welcome to the forum.

The procedure that you tried should have disabled the Touchscreen.  I just tried it on my Win 10 HP laptop and it worked perfectly.  When I clicked "Disable" I received a warning that "Disabling this device will cause it to stop working".  I clicked "Yes" and it stopped working as promised.  I suggest trying this procedure again.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@old_geekster,

the procedure worked for me. HP Envy x360 m6 convertible (windows 10 home x64).

Thanks

HP Recommended

The procedure worked for me as well. Just disable it and enable it again. That's it. I have a Hp Envy

HP Recommended

Doesn't work for me.

Can't find Touch Screen inside the "HID" items. See image.

W10 - HP ENVY Touchsmart-15 j008ss.

HID-Items.JPG

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.