Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 22eb 21.5-inch IPS Display
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello.

I just bought this HP 22eb 21.5-inch IPS Display roughly 11~ hours ago (most of those hours I wasn't using due to internet issues) since my computer monitor I've had for the past 6 years just stopped working all of a sudden (a Gateway HX2000 - LCD monitor - 20" if you were wondering). This monitor I bought is really similar to the one I had before, in terms of spects, other than the fact that its width is smaller, it has a more accessible turn on/off button (which is great), and my issue but other than that it's pretty much the same and I'm happy with my purchase.

Onto my issue. While yes, it's really similar to the monitor I had, there is one issue that I must find a solution too. The colors aren't appearing as what they should be appearing as. Like, color accuracy is off. Slightly, but still noticeable. I have tried messing around with the settings, but I still for some reason get the results I need.

This problem is absolutely awful for me, because I'm really into graphics and web design- where color accuracy is really uh. Important. If you know any solutions to this monitor or alternatives for my old one, that'd be very much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mafuyu

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

To fix incorrect colours or display quality, complete the following steps:

1. Check the video cable connections and make sure the connection is not loose. Tighten the connection screws if the connector is loose.

2. Press the Auto or Autoselect button on the display.

3. Press Menu, and select Factory Reset. If the screen is still discoloured, continue to the next step.

4. If the display has more than one type of connection available such as VGA, DVI, or HDMI, try a different type of connection.

5. If possible, connect the display to another computer. If the colours are incorrect when the display is connected to the second computer, the display might be damaged or defective.

6. Service the display.

If you have an HP computer, update your video drivers from the HP website. Otherwise, you can get the latest updated video drivers from the video hardware manufacturers websites. The following list shows some of the video hardware websites:

• Check for NVIDIA video driver updates at NVIDIA (in English).

• Check for AMD video driver updates at AMD (in English).

• Check for S3 video driver updates at S3 Graphics (in English).

• Check for Intel video support and downloads, Intel Downloads (in English).

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.