Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
23" envy AIO Model 23-c055
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

No secondary monitor plug, led power light and disk light come on...screnn is dark-zero image although does power on, tested with another video card, switched ram...still nothing so I am guessing motherboard issue

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@macintelligent

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the AIO PC is powering on but doesn't boot into windows anymore,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you install or interrupt any recent windows or BIOS update?

When was the last time your computer worked? did you have any thunderstorms or power surges that could have caused this issue?

Any recent hardware changes made?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you can do:

Let's get started with the below steps: 

Keep me posted, 

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! 

Good Luck. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Way ahead of you on all solutions...My problemis that there really is no video out to test the screen or the motherboard...Its a 3rd gen i7 with a 2GB graphics card, and I am just looking to order the right part whether I need a new screen or a new board...like I said I had a graphics card to test so that had no affect. But I am not seeing a pixel on the screen so no led backlight problem,switched out ram, tested one slot at a time...went through every connection...still nuttin...thanks for your input and quick reponse tho

HP Recommended

@macintelligent

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

It looks like you've pretty much done it all,

Although, the only other thing you need to do now, is Contact HP for a hardware repair/replacement order set up.

(Free of charge if covered within the HP Warranty),

If you aren't covered, simply order the replacement parts from the HP Parts store via HP parts surfer to find the respective parts.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Envy 23 Touch Smart AiO PC Model 23-d150

came with Windows 8

after Windows 10 update - Windows error, then Black Screen on startup.  Powers on - motherboard lights up, fan spins, DVD drive functions, but does not boot to/past BIOS or to Windows.  Mouse/Keyboard/touchscreen are all unresponsive.

I found a fix for this on another thread (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-ENVY-23-TouchSmart-AiO-Pc-Black-Scr...) but that thread is now locked.

I managed to have some success by following the steps to clear the CMOS in the link above.  The only detail deferent from the fix above, is that I managed to get my machine to boot to BIOS with on 4GB RAM stick.

After reseting the CMOS a few times, and removing a RAM card, I got the machine to boot to the HP BIOS.  It detected the keyboard and mouse, and I ran a few tests.  RAM checked out fine, hard disk fine; everything fine.  I exited the BIOS and it BOOTED TO WINDOWS successfully.

At this point I should have downloaded and updated the BIOS, however, I shut it down, and replaced the other memory card.

I've repeated all of the steps for clearing the CMOS, but cannot get this machine to boot again.  I've tried a couple of dozen times, but it will not boot past a black screen.

Any advice?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.