cdtcpa
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP 2311xi Monitor

HP Recommended
HP 2311xi monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello:  I don't know if I have the correct board or operating system.  I have a new laptop & it has Windows Home; I don't know whether is 32 or 64 bit.

I have changed from a Dell desktop to a Dell laptop and want to use my HP monitor for my laptop that I was using for my desktop.  I have connected the hdmi cable and went to the HP website and downloaded HP Support assistance, the only thing I could find when i searched software/drivers for my model #, and the laptop doesn't see any other display options when I rt click on display.

I can't find my serial number, as it is not on the back of the monitor as shown on the where to find serial number. 

Can anyone help me? 

Tks!

2 REPLIES 2
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,896 4,830 536 2,091
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
Sorry, but the screen must be able to operate without a pilot, particular!
The problem, probably comes from the pc and not from the screen, especially if it still works with the other pc!
It may be a driver problem, but it would be more the pc graphics drivers
In this case, you have to go to the dell support to check the drivers, and the possibilities of this pc!
In the meantime, we have a lot of screen drivers, but I doubt that this will change anything!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-23-inch-flat-panel-monitor-series/3770740/model/...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-23-inch-flat-panel-monitor-series/3770...

Flat Panel Monitor Displays Message about No Signal, Signal out of Range, Sleep, or Power Save

Monitor is Blank

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
cdtcpa
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 2311xi Monitor

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation