Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 24er
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my HP 24er monitor: it "works" perfectly in the sense that it correctly displays the video from the PC via the HDMI cable, however all the physical buttons to open the On Screen Menu and to power it on/off just stopped working.

Now, whatever button I press, it acts as an "input switch" toggling between HDMI and VGA, all fives button now do only that.

I tried:

- turning it completly off, unplugging from power and holding power button for 30 secs

- holding the menu or power button for 15/20 secs

No result.

Whenever I press a button, whichever one (even the power button), I very briefly see the OSD, and the it switches input.

I would suppose it is an hardware problem, is it solvable without monitor replacing?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tasso85
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

This sounds like hardware related issue with the " Monitor " or physical buttons needs to be replaced. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.