Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 24 es
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys,

I just bought the monitor of my friend and I have a huge problem.. 

Until now I only had my old 22 inch montor. This is the reason why i bought a second one, the 24es. 

However, comparing the 2 displays side by side I can clearly see, that the colors look a LOT different and a lot worse. Which, in my opinion, should not be the case as the reviews praise the great colors regarding the display all the time.

On my side though black does not look like black, more like something green-ish or grey. 

Also white does not look white but rather red-ish or something like that.

Overall the image does seem to have "fog" over it, it is just not as clear as my older and cheaper display

Can somebody somehow help me? Thanks a lot!

PS: I somehow cannot insert pictures.. So the links here:

https://ibb.co/r6S2wVM

HP (left) vs old (right), black/grey is more like green

https://ibb.co/JpkDz9W

HP (left) not clear at all. You can see details on the right (old) one and the new one looks like fog is over the image.

https://ibb.co/b2xjcHx

HP (left) shows white as red-ish vs old display (right) true white

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI@NoBlack1,

I understand by the pictures it looks like a display flicking issue 

May I no the Desktop or notebook connected to the monitor?

Try these steps -

Search for and open Display settings. You can also right-click the desktop and open Display settings. Scroll down and click Advanced display settings. In the Display adapter properties, click Display adapter properties.

Click on the Monitor tab to adjust the Screen Refresh Rate from the drop-down menu. 

If the issue still persists, try reinstalling the driver - 

1) In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.

2) In Device Manager, expand Display Adapter. 

3) Right-click on the Display Adapter, and then select Uninstall device > Delete the driver software for this device check box > Uninstall.

4) Restart the computer. 

Also, try updating the computer using these steps -

Step 1 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

I understand you want to know if there is a screen calibration that can make your screen look better than the other monitor's you have,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

When was the last time it worked without these issues? Have you attempted a system restore?

About the other 3 computers, are they similar models or different ones?

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hello Praveenbv, 

thank you very much for your help. However, unfortunately I think I have described my problem kind of unclear. 

My monitor is not flickering at all. 
The only problem are the colors.

My Desktop is a custom built (non HP) desktop. And my monitors are connected to a GTX 1060 3G. But i do not think that there is a problem here as my 2nd Monitor does work fine.

As already stated the product number is: "HP 24 es" (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05272270) (your link did not work for me)

When was the last time it worked without these issues? I dont know, i bought it so it "never worked" for me

Have you attempted a system restore? no

About the other 3 computers, are they similar models or different ones?  which 3 computers do you mean? Do you mean my 2nd monitor? As for the second monitor its a different one from LG. So a different one but it looks like it displays the colors way better even though my new HP 24 es should have great colors.

I have also tried the steps mentioned in the other thread, it did not do anything for me though. And the links in the other thread are not working anymore

HP Recommended

Hi@NoBlack1, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.