Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 24f screen and an hp Envy - 13-ah1015no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just bought a hp 24f screen and connected it to my new laptop (a couple of weeks old)  hp Envy - 13-ah1015no.

When connecting these devices with HDMI I cannot get o good picture on the screen. I hace tried all resolutions in the display alternatives; including the recommended 1920x1080. But the screen is too small/height, too wide, text is blurry, icons are too big and so on.

Both lapotop and screen is acitivated.

Please advice how to set the correct alternatives so I can have a good display/picture on the hp 24f screen!!

Please a.s.a.p.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SivrosJ

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Click the Start button.
  • Select the Settings icon.
  • Select System.
  • Click Advanced display settings.
  • Click on the menu under Resolution.
  • Select the option you want. We strongly recommend going with the one that has (Recommended) next to it.
  • Click Apply.

Also, try below steps to adjust display settings:

1. In Windows 10, search for and open Change display settings. You can also right-click the desktop and open Display settings.

2. To change the orientation between Landscape and Portrait or to flip the orientation, select an option from the drop-down menu, then click Keep Changes or Revert.

Changing the orientation of the display

3. To change the size of text and windows, select the size you want from the drop-down menu.

Changes take effect immediately.

Changing the size of text, apps, and other items

4. To adjust the brightness, click and drag the slider bar.

Adjusting the  slider bar for brightness

5. To reduce the amount of blue light coming from the display, turn on Night light. To schedule the night light and change the hue, click Night light settings.

Turning on Night light

6. To change the screen resolution, select a resolution from the drop-down menu, then click Keep Changes or Revert.

NOTE: We recommend in most circumstances to use the native resolution of the monitor, which is marked as Recommended.

If you have more than one monitor, select the monitor that you want to adjust, then repeat these steps to change the resolution.

A confirmation window opens.

Changing the resolution of the screen

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SivrosJ

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Click the Start button.
  • Select the Settings icon.
  • Select System.
  • Click Advanced display settings.
  • Click on the menu under Resolution.
  • Select the option you want. We strongly recommend going with the one that has (Recommended) next to it.
  • Click Apply.

Also, try below steps to adjust display settings:

1. In Windows 10, search for and open Change display settings. You can also right-click the desktop and open Display settings.

2. To change the orientation between Landscape and Portrait or to flip the orientation, select an option from the drop-down menu, then click Keep Changes or Revert.

Changing the orientation of the display

3. To change the size of text and windows, select the size you want from the drop-down menu.

Changing the size of text, apps, and other items

4. To adjust the brightness, click and drag the slider bar.

Adjusting the  slider bar for brightness

5. To reduce the amount of blue light coming from the display, turn on Night light. To schedule the night light and change the hue, click Night light settings.

Turning on Night light

6. To change the screen resolution, select a resolution from the drop-down menu, then click Keep Changes or Revert.

NOTE: We recommend in most circumstances to use the native resolution of the monitor, which is marked as Recommended.

If you have more than one monitor, select the monitor that you want to adjust, then repeat these steps to change the resolution.

A confirmation window opens.

Changing the resolution of the screen

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried to select the HP 24f screen as the only display unit (not the laptop screen) and it seems to work out fine!

HP Recommended

@SivrosJ
Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day!
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.