Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP 24n G2 mointor active/inactive input port defautl inactive issue

HP Recommended
HP 24n G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I just installed 2 monitors HP 24N G2, to replace my ZDisplays.

My configuration is build up with 3 workstations, with all the Quadro Nvidia video cards.

I connect:

PC1:    DVI out    to   DVI in  (monitor)

PC2:    Displayport out    to   DisplayPort in  (monitor)

PC3:    Displayport out    to   HDMI in  (monitor)  With a suitable adapter cable.

All PC screens can be displayed, so the connections are working.

My first problem:

If for example PC1 (DVI) is on and running. I see that screen.  Then I turn on PC2  (DP).

PC2 is running, but I can not select the screen with the "switch input" button on the monitor. It shows popup window

that shows:  DVI  Active,  DP inactive, HDMI inactive.  

Now I first have to go to the "Input Control" menu on the monitor,  turn the DP from inactive to active. Leave the menu.

Now I can select to PC2 the DP input and get that screen.

Every time I turn on PC2 I must activate DP through the menu...  This not very handy.

DP  hot plug detection is on, always active. Auto-Switch input is ON.

How or what can I do to let the HP 24n G2 immediatly connect DP.  using the switch Input button.

The same is happening with the HDMI input.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation