Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I finally got this figured out!  Here is what I did.

Control Panel

Display

Settings

Advanced

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver

Graphics Properties

Display Settings

Display Expansion

At this point chose Full Screen (No Border) instead of 'Maintain Aspect Ratio'

As soon as I set this the error screen went away!  Can anyone explain to me why this one adjustment did the trick?  I would love to know.

Thanks for all for your assistance.

HP Recommended

Glad to hear you got it working!

That is a strange issue. I'm willing to bet your PC recieved an update one night that changed a setting in your graphics or it changed some other software that required your settings to match the change. I've seen a lot of odd issues occur after software updates install, but I had never seen this happen before.

Can you mark this thread as solved, so that other people with the same issue see you found a resolution?

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I have marked this issue as solved.  I also replied on the HP link with suggested fixed to add this as a potential fix.

Thanks to all of your for your time and assistance!

HP Recommended

I get this message from a monitor hooked up to my laptop, which has a bad LCD screen or something.

So I get "Input Signal Out of Range" on the external monitor--I can't access any Control Panel on my laptop, because, of course, I can't see anything. Now what?

HP Recommended

Hi jsmeby,

Try the steps that are listed in this forum thread as well as what is listed in this HP support document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00061509

I hope this helps.

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
Try to boot in 'Safe Mode'
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
HP Recommended

I get an "Input out of Range error" which displays on the monitor.  I have a mac system.  You showed PC users how to solve this issue.  Is there a way you could help me with a Mac?

Regards,

George

HP Recommended

Hi gdwash,

The error message you are getting essentially means the monitor is not recognizing a video signal. Is this a new monitor you are having problems with? Or is it a monitor that was working with your Mac before but stopped working recently?

What monitor model do you have?

HP Recommended

This may seem strange but I will make you a bet. The solution to this Input message is probably not solved. Now I will show you how I by trial and error found what the cause is. First, certain basic facts to point out. 1. This error message, which is followed by a black screen, will go away (temporarily) by unplugging the computer and moniter from the wall jack and putting it back and and then, boot up choosing "boot up normally" or some other message to that affect. 2. Your computer probably runs fine until you finish your work and put it in sleep mode. Then when you wake it up with a mouse click the problem starts all over again. Had you awoken it with the spacebar on the keyboard you probably would have also avoided the "input" warning and avoided having to pull the electric plug out again.3. Now the kicker. By going into your display advanced settings to where you find you screensaver and power saver options - turn them OFF or choose 

"Never" on the time setter.  Now see the difference. Even when you log off by using your mouse to select sleep mode, the next time you boot up you will not get that message.

I have no expertise in computers whatsoever, but I am convinced this is a problem somewhere deep in the files or registry of windows. Microsoft tried to fix this before I found myown solution and they failed totally. My "input management"message started the same day I updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10; never happened before. It has not reoccurred once since I by luck found this fix. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.