Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I also have a 2509m Monitor which I bought as a bundle from COSTCO on November 3, 2010.  looks like I got the most time on one of these.  It started to flicker about 5 months ago and after about 4 weeks the flicker stopped.  A month ago it started again only now instead of 5 to 10 second durations of flicker it is going for a few minutes before it stops.  I gues it's days are numbered.  NO MORE HP products for me. In 1998 I bought my first Compaq Presario and the tower lasted 4 years.  The monitor was fine. I bought a HP bundle and got rid of the old monitor. This new HP tower lasted 3 years and the monitor was fine.  I bought a new HP bundle and got rid of the old monitor again. The new HP tower lasted 2 1/2 years and the monitor was fine. The new tower lasted 2 1/2 years again and the tower was fine. I donated the monitor to charity. Now I am on the 2010 purchase and the monitor is going bad.  I can't win.  DELL for me from  now on.

HP Recommended

I purchased this monitor at microcenter over an acer because it had an hdmi port and the acer didn't.  It cost about $50 more but I thought it was worth it because I never had any problems with HP in the past (prior to getting mixed up with Compaq).  Sure enough, just a couple of weeks out of warranty and it began to flicker.  That was about 10 months ago, and it still flickers for about 5-10 minutes every time I turn it on.  Now I just keep it on 24-7 because it pisses me off having to wait for it to stop!  I used to be an HP reseller and support technician back in the day and I really loved their products (especially the large format plotters), but after this experience and reading about recent products failing "just outside of warranty", I wouldn't choose HP again.  This is the most expensive monitor that I have ever purchased, and the only monitor that has ever given me any problems.  Samsung is getting my next $$$ after this POS finally dies!  HP is slowly committing corporate suicide by using cheaper components - they should have never partnered with Compaq IMO.

HP Recommended

Same monitor - same problem starting last week - bought 2 years ago March 2011 from Costco with two year warranty extended by Costco. No help from warranty now.  Guess I'll get out my 13 yr old IBM monitor and use it when this dies as it looks like it will from everyone's posts.

HP Recommended

Well add me to the list of unhappy, former HP customers.  Purchased mine exactly two years ago and the screen started fluttering a week ago.  Sometimes it flutters for a few seconds and other times several minutes.  I bought this monitor to replace my 22" Acer, but now the 4 year old Acer is going back after sitting for two years. As others stated, this 2509m was not cheap and I'm so disappointed that there was no recall or even acknowledement from HP that the monitor was faulty.  I've always loved the HP line and their supportive websites for years, but now I feel the quality and customer support is a thing of the past. Sad thing is that my brother has the exact same monitor and it's not fluttering yet!  I'll update this forum in a few months...

HP Recommended

Incredible.  Thought I'd be the only one or one of a few folks with this issue.  There are so many that this is obviously a manufacturing defect.  We have over twenty 2509 and 2511 monitors in the editing department of a company that produces TV programs for cable networks.  When I called tech support, I just got "Out of warranty?  Sorry can't help you"  Well, with the number of monitors that are prone to fail the same way, I guess we will cross HP off the list for replacements.

HP Recommended

Hi KevinPost and Gil_G:

Thank you for your inquiry. I understand that your display is flickering. I am sending you a link to a document on "Display Quality Issues" click here.  Please see the section on Screen Flickers Unstable image.I hope this helps. If you require further assistance please reply back.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

As with the other 30+ posters for this problem,  The flickering only occurs at start up or after turning the monitor off and then on again.  It flickers for about 20 seconds currently, however it gets worse over time according to other posts. After the flickering stops the monitor is perfect, for hours on end. As with all of the posts I have read the flickering starts after the 2 year warranty is over.  Bad news for HP, they will do nothing about it. 

HP Recommended

I've tried refreshing, changing drivers, changing cables and everything else listed on this website. Nobody has successfully resolved the fluttering issue with these methods.  The problem is hardware related, not software. Granted, it's not  going to happen, but a factory fix, refund or replacement are the only viable solutions for HP to resolve this issue without losing their loyal customers.

HP Recommended

I could barely read one of the more succint replies due to this horrendous and worsening flicker.  Seems that HP just isn't a company tha twe will be buying from in the future since this is a problem inherent with their monitors that began right out of the box.  We have tolerated this for 2 years but its time to cut bait.  Make it right and you can gain lifetime customers, HP.  Don't stand by your customers and we will go elsewhere.

HP Recommended

Bought my HP 2509b monitor in July 2011.  It started flickering  when I turned it on about a nionth ago (mid October) for a few seconds.  the duration of flicker increased till today (Thanksgiving Dayt) the flicker is constant.  The screen is brightest on the right side and dim on the left.

By the looks of this forum, it appreas a different brand is in order.  I thought this technoligy was to last 8 or 10 years or longer.  If TVs (lcd, led, plasma) lasted only two years, nobody could afford watching TV.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.