Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 2511x monitor
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My HP 2511x now has a problem in that it won't detect HDMI.  It is able to detect VGA, however.  Is it likely a hardware problem within the monitor?  Is it something I should have repaired or is this monitor a lost cause?

I purchased this monitor along with my desktop computer system from the Microcenter in Paterson, NJ in early 2013.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @mouton89,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how your desktop computer's display screen will not detect an HDMI cable connection, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

I am providing you with some steps you can try below:

Step 1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the monitor and the wall
Step 2. Hold the power button down for at least one minute
Step 3. Plug the power cord back into the monitor and then into the wall outlet
Step 4. Press the Menu button on the monitor
Step 5. Navigate to the Factory Reset option and select it
Step 6. Try a different cable connecting your monitor to your computer

If the above steps did not resolve your issue you can try the monitor on a computer or other device to see if the issue persists. If the monitor is still not able to detect another device connected with an HDMI cable, please contact our technical support for further assistance in this matter by clicking the link below to get the support number for your region.

www.hp.com/contacthp/

I hope this helps!

Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @mouton89,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how your desktop computer's display screen will not detect an HDMI cable connection, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

I am providing you with some steps you can try below:

Step 1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the monitor and the wall
Step 2. Hold the power button down for at least one minute
Step 3. Plug the power cord back into the monitor and then into the wall outlet
Step 4. Press the Menu button on the monitor
Step 5. Navigate to the Factory Reset option and select it
Step 6. Try a different cable connecting your monitor to your computer

If the above steps did not resolve your issue you can try the monitor on a computer or other device to see if the issue persists. If the monitor is still not able to detect another device connected with an HDMI cable, please contact our technical support for further assistance in this matter by clicking the link below to get the support number for your region.

www.hp.com/contacthp/

I hope this helps!

Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks.  It worked.

I wasn't able to find the factory reset setting but by unplugging the monitor and holding down the power button for over 1 minute then restoring the power, the monitor now detects and uses the HDMI signal.

Thanks for all your help!

Best,

Chris.

HP Recommended

Great fix! My monitor was working fine and then just went dark one day and would not display on either DVI or HDMI. I unplugged, held power down a minute, plugged back in, and it worked fine again. Thanks.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with an LP2475w.  I tried your unplug, etc., solution, but it didn't work.  Also, the 2475 doesn't have a menu button.

The HDMI cable is working - I've tried it on my laptop and my tv.  There doesn't seem to be a VGA/SVGA connection on the monitor (my PC has one), so that won't work.
Any suggestions, please - I'm lost without a functioning computer.

HP Recommended

Sorry to waste your time.  I plugged the HDMI cable into my MacBook Pro, and the monitor immediately found it. So, something wrong with my PC.

HP Recommended

After a brief panic the hardware reset worked!  Unplugged for a minute, hold down th epower putto (no power) for 1 minutes) plugged in - BOOM it work!  Thank you!!!

~John

HP Recommended

For some reason, this doesn't work for me. I went through every single step, but it still doesn't work for me. I'm sorry for being 4 years late, but I really need the help.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.