Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP 25es display won't stay in sleep mode when windows goes to sleep

HP Recommended
HP 25es
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Monitor: HP 25es

Windows version: 10 64bit

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 (drivers as of this post: 388.13 released 10/29/17)

Monitor connected to display port (all display ports are the same problem) does not do it with hdmi

When windows 10 goes to sleep, the monitor says GOING TO SLEEP and then after about 5 seconds, it wakes up, just to tell me its going back to sleep.

I have searched many many sites and not one thing I tried worked to fix it, the 25es doesn't have a display port 1.2 enable or disable option that i know of.

Any info on this issue would be of great help

5 REPLIES 5
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 14,629 1,301 2,106
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Kradnam, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand when you put your PC to sleep the external monitor is not going to sleep.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to the monitor?

Have you tried checking with a different video cable?

As you mentioned when you put your PC to sleep the external monitor is not going to sleep.

Please try performing a hard reset on your HP 25es monitor and check if it helps.

Cycle the power on the monitor as follows:
Turn off the monitor. The power light on the monitor should be off. Leave the computer turned on.
Unplug the power cord.
Wait 5 seconds.
Plug in the power cord.
Press the power button on the monitor to turn on the monitor.

If the issue still persists try performing a factory reset on your monitor and check if it helps.

1.If the monitor is not already on, press the Power button to turn on the monitor.
2. To access the OSD menu, press one of the Function buttons on the bottom side of the monitor's front
bezel to activate the buttons, and then press the Menu button to open the OSD.
3. Use the three Function buttons to navigate, select, and adjust the menu choices.
4. Under Management select factory default settings to restore monitor back to factory settings.

Refer the monitor user guide to know more information.

Note: Refer page 11 for more information.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Kradnam
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Sorry for the late reply, had some car issues been trying to resolve for almost a week and just to upset to turn on my pc lol. I will try these suggestions and update on the status asap.

UPDATE:
Tried the suggestions above and it didn't work, still doesn't fully go to sleep.

A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 14,629 1,301 2,106
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kradnam, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Did you try connecting the monitor to a different PC? Does the issue persist?

If the monitor is working fine on a different PC. It could be an issue with the graphics driver.

Try updating the graphics driver and check if it helps.

If the monitor does not go to sleep even after connecting to a different PC.

It is a hardware issue with your monitor. Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Kradnam
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The issue does not happen with my other computer, just this PC. The graphics driver is the latest nvidia has top offer atm. 

I have just gotten used to pressing the power button, not sure why this pc hates this montior lol.

Thanks for the help. i can live with it for now, maybe i will get it figured out and post what was wrong, anyways thanks for the help.

Also, Happy Thanksgiving

blade86sam
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same issue with my newly purchased HP 24es monitor, PC would go idle, screen would then display "no input detected going into sleep mode" and few seconds later (~5s) would turn back on with it displaying the same no input detected and going into sleep mode... rinse and repeat.

This issue only occured when windows goes in idle mode. If pc is shut down, it stays in sleep mode.

what caused this to happen for me, was the DP to HDMI adapter it was connected to. When i removed it and plugged it straight into the HDMI port of my GPU, it went into sleep mode and stayed there indefinitly... well until i brought my pc out of idle mode. 

What i suspect is that some adapters still allow sending out a signal (in one way or another) which triggers the monitor out of sleep mode.

edit: fixed typos

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation