Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 25x, 24,5"
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello!

Monitor HP 25x, 24.5". I'd like to know The backlight on the monitor should be lit on the sides or only in the center? I have it only shines on the center!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@GrindJohn

Thanks for the reply.

This image explains your query very clearly.

The monitor is designed as you see in the image. there are no lights on the bottom right and left of the monitor.

The monitor is working good:)

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

This refers to the illumination on the body from the bottom to the center and sides.

HP Recommended

@GrindJohn

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

It's a pleasure assisting you to find answers to your technical queries.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

How long are you facing this issue?

Are you facing this issue after an update?

Check if the issue persists in BIOS page.

Follow the below steps to boot into BIOS page.

1. Turn on or restart the computer.

2. While the display is blank, press the f10 key to enter the BIOS settings menu.

If you are still not convinced with the backlight, I have sent you a private message, to contact HP Phone support depending on the product that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

You must have misunderstood me. I mean Ambient Lighting (green backlight on the bottom of the monitor body), on the sides should be lit or only in the center? 7f74022c49e4a3cf01e176076df3106e.png

HP Recommended

@GrindJohn

Thanks for the reply.

This image explains your query very clearly.

The monitor is designed as you see in the image. there are no lights on the bottom right and left of the monitor.

The monitor is working good:)

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Is there really no lights on the left and right sides? When i went to best buy they were all lit, i bought the same product they had on display

HP Recommended

I got a call from support saying it's a decorative light and it's not glowing. Glows only in the center!

HP Recommended

Having same issue with side (bottom) ambient lights.  If these are for store demo purposes, how are they "turned on"?

HP Recommended

Center only!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.