Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 27-a010 all in one (touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It doesn't work.  It hasn't worked in about a year.  The update that caused it is long forgotten and frankly was never noticed.

Computer was purchased in mid-2017 with original Windows 7; an update to Windows 8 was less than 6 weeks in.  Update to Windows 10, can't recall.  I do have auto update and install set up on my computer.  I do regularly check the HP assistant for updates outside the auto updates and comply with those.

I've tried to fix this issue many, many times with various different responses from this site and from many different posts from googling.  Frankly, so SO frustrated when they didn't work that I had to walk away.  (Nothing else is not working - I use my computer for gaming and for work, and internet, microphone, wireless keyboard and mouse, and internal speakers work fine.)  Not sure just how many times or types of 'fixes' I have attempted from these posts in the past 10 or so months.

For months I looked for the Human Interface for the touch screen - finally saw that it could be hidden.  Found it! Grayed out and unable to disable.  Someone somewhere said to uninstall and reinstall the driver for it.  Stupidly, I uninstalled and now don't know WHERE to find an updated driver for it.  Don't know what the NAME would be to even search for it.  Every post/response I see does not name the app/driver/whatever I need to get to it.

I've tried every style of response on this issue - side note, glad to see that there are some recent responses, as the previous responses where all dated at the latest as 2015.  Now, posts are dated 2018.  Not sure if this issue was solved so long ago that I'm just out of luck...

Because I uninstalled, there is no way for troubleshooting to help, no way for the computer to register that I do, in fact, have a touch screen.  A check for touch screen shows that I don't have one.  This was showing even before I uninstalled the driver for it.  Prior to that I was getting an error 45.  And, ironically, the fix was to uninstall and reinstall the driver.  (A. what driver? B. how does one go about uninstalling a screen on an all-in-one, that seems very...idiotic? C. I uninstalled, now how do I reinstall, and what do I reinstall?)

Connection is via an ethernet cord.  (Is that a LAN internet connection?)  I do not have wireless connected for my internet but is enabled for my phone in the house (I did JUST install a driver wirelessly and it is working properly).  Info shows that I can set up VPN, so I'm assuming I don't have one.  

No clue about recent software or driver changes that would impact as it's been almost or at least a year for this issue to plague me.

HELP!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

P.S. I have run through the fixes that the virtual assistant has suggested to no avail multiple times.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.