Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 27er Display
The monitor will not turn on. The LED on the back lights up, but the LED near the monitor power button is dark. I tried all of the steps recommended by HP support in the other posts (“Button stuck on HP monitor 27er”, “ My HP 27er Display Monitor wont turn on” and about 15 other threads full of people reporting the same issue). It was also implied that HP doesn’t sell the replacement monitor button board? Is HP able to cross reference other compatible parts or provide information about which part was defective (monitor button board, ribbon or main board) so that I can attempt a repair/ search for aftermarket part? Worst timing for this 😞
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ThomasH123,

I reviewed your post and I understand that the monitor is not turning on and you are looking for the part information to fix it yourself.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

There is no HP service guide or documents which talk about the monitor parts or repair. However, I recommend you contact support and check if they have the parts information.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have/had the same problem. Prior to the monitor completely turning off, the power button was behaving badly, and the onscreen menu dialog would come up intermittently. 

Like you, the power indicator at the back of the monitor is on. I double checked by using another power supply (I run side by side dual monitors that are exactly the same) and problem persisted. Like you I assume it had something to do with the board/power button.

Since my monitor is out of warranty, I figured i might as well try whatever repair I see fit. I wanted to see if the button board in question might be similar to other HP monitors. I opened the back removing the two screws and using a flat head screw driver to gently move my way around the snaps. There is a starting point depression you can use to start and move your way around. I removed the button board from the monitor (little plastic tab to depress).  I observed that the plastic button contact to the power button on the button board is poor.  I removed the cable connector from the back of the monitor, not at the button board, but at the monitor end.  I plugged the monitor in and then connected the USB cable to the computer (using windows with the display setting configuration open). Windows detected the monitor, but screen was still off.  At this point we can assume the issue is with the button board.

I plugged the cable back to the monitor, plugged the power, and with the button board loose, pressed the power button and the other opposite end button to effect a reset. I could see that the light when on the button board. Tested with the USB and the monitor came back to life. Did it a couple of more times before closing things up. 

Note power button no longer seems to work as a power button, but I'm good with that, you will have to pull power from back if you want monitor off or put computer to sleep, but I don't think it goes to power save mode. 

Keep in mind, I looked around for specs, repair instructions, etc... but couldn't find anything of value so somewhat trial and error and looking up some of the specs on the individual components. 

Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.