Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 27es
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The left side of my screen is shadow gray - the right is ok - what can be the issue?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @vipercc68

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

• Have you tried connecting this monitor to a different PC and check if the issue persists?
  • Is there any damage to the monitor?
  • Check the cable connection and reseat them.
  • Have you tried connecting an alternate VGA or HDMI cable and check if the issue persists?

Install this monitor utility on the PC

1. Power cycle the monitor:

1. Turn off the monitor. The power light on the monitor should be off. Leave the computer turned on.

2. Unplug the power cord.

3. Wait 5 seconds.

4. Plug in the power cord.

5. Press the power button on the monitor to turn on the monitor.

One of two things happens:

• The image from the computer displays on the monitor and you can use the computer again. This indicates that the monitor was unable to detect that the computer had awakened from suspend mode. Turn the monitor off when it is not being used or disable suspend mode on the computer. For some computers, updating the BIOS can correct these types of suspend problems.

OR

• The power light on the monitor comes on but the screen displays one of the messages again. The monitor is not receiving a video signal from the computer that it can detect and use. Continue using these steps.

2. If the computer is on, wait until the hard drive activity light on the computer is not lit and then press and hold the Power button on the computer case until the computer turns off.

3. If the monitor has a factory reset or restore option, set it. Press the Menu button on the front panel and select Factory Reset.

4. Wait 5 seconds and then turn on the computer by pressing the Power button again.

5. Adjust the Windows display resolution to a setting that is compatible with the monitor.

Also, refer to the steps mentioned in this document to resolve display quality issues.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.