Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 3330 MT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I have already update my bios. But asus R9 290 black screen. Please solve my problem as soon as possibl.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, the problem is not solvable.

Looking at the BIOS updates on your PC's support page, the newest one is 71.08.

In order for the card you bought to work (or a Nvidia GT 7xx or newer), your PC needs to come with a BIOS version 8.xx or 8x.xx.

The newest AMD graphics card you can install in your model is one of the HD 7xxx models.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, the problem is not solvable.

Looking at the BIOS updates on your PC's support page, the newest one is 71.08.

In order for the card you bought to work (or a Nvidia GT 7xx or newer), your PC needs to come with a BIOS version 8.xx or 8x.xx.

The newest AMD graphics card you can install in your model is one of the HD 7xxx models.

HP Recommended
Sir, Asus R9 290 is not supported my pc?
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, it is not.

HP Recommended
Which grapics card is supported my pc?
HP Recommended

Nothing newer than a Nvidia GT 6xx or an AMD Radeon HD 7xxx.

HP Recommended
Sir, gtx 960 is supported my pc, Or gts 440?
HP Recommended

The GTX 960, no.

The GTS 450 yes, if your PC's power supply meets the power supply requirements for the card.

The GTS 450 requires a supplemental power connector

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.