Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 32-A0014
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have my work laptop connected to HDMI port on AIO but now I cannot open my AIO and use the desktop since the computer keeps auto detecting my HDMI source and shows that on the screen.  I want to be able to switch between the HDMI and the AIO but I'm having no luck.  I use the toggle button on the bottom and I can see the AIO momentarily but then it will switch back to HDMI source.  Seems there's a auto detect that if I have HDMI plugged in it can no longer detect the AIO.  I tried opening up OSD to see if I could set up my AIO as the default but no luck in finding it.  Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Espejo2, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

We reviewed your post and I understand that the  HDMI stopped working 

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your laptop?

Have you tried checking with different HDMI cables?

Are you using any converter to connect HDMI to your PC?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

• Right-Click on the start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
  • Check the box that states delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset and graphic drivers from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers  after selecting the correct Operating system.

Also, Try tapping FN and F4 key to transfer the image from the computer to the monitor. (While the HDMI cable is connected).

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.