Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have my work computer connected to a 3 display hub that is compatable with my work computer. I have recently purchased two HP monitors that I can get to show and work on without any issues. I am unable to connect my work laptop to my All in One computer either through direct HDMI connection to the computer or the hub. I have also tried connecting and HDMI to DP cable that connects to the work hub. 

I would like the All in One computer to act like a mirror monitor for my laptop with the two other screens as extensions. 

All in One Computer: 

Model: 27-dp0171

ProdID: 13Z21AA

SN#: [Personal Information Removed]

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I just tried doing what you are attempting and was only able to get one of my monitor pairs to work.  Does your work system allow you to project (duplicate) the screen on the work system and have all the externals screens work?

What I tried that did  not work:

I projected my Surface Pro 4 onto my Desktop system that has a pair of monitors.  I set the screen to "duplicate" which mirrored.  However, the other monitor is not recognized by the surface pro 4 basically because I was essentially adding a second monitor, not a pair of monitors.

The video driver of the SP4 does not know there are several monitors to connect, only that it is projecting to another display.

Maybe I misinterpreted what you wrote.

Do you want to project (mirror) the main screen of the AIO onto the laptop?  Basically that adds a 4th screen to the AIO.  If that is want you want to do I can walk you through it fairly quickly and will use Wi-Fi, not cables as Windows 10,11 has built in projection capability.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

I'm definitely willing to give it a try if you have time to walk me through it. 

HP Recommended

Ok, first lets make sure that the Wi-Fi networking (Miracast) is enabled for both devices AIO & Laptop.

On my surface pro 4 there is a warning that the laptop needs to be plugged in.  Possibly your laptop may have the same warning.  If you have never projected, then you need to enable it on both the AIO and the Laptop as described here

https://myportableoffice.com/why-is-projecting-to-this-pc-greyed-out-try/

Make sure your laptop is plugged in and near the AIO.

===must not be grayed out===

On both systems enter "projection" and look for the following

BeemerBiker_1-1644948326088.png

Select the "projection settings" 

and the following should pop up. It may be slightly different for win10 or win11

BeemerBiker_2-1644948447348.png

If it is grayed out then follow the instructions give in the above link to enabled projection.

I assume you got it working for BOTH the AIO and the Laptop

===project AIO to Laptop===

1. On the Laptop, bring back up the projection dialog box and set it to available everywhere, first time only and no pin.  This can always be changed. Click the sentence "Launch the Connect app to project to this PC

The screen will go entirely blue and state "laptop is ready for you to connect"

2.  On the AIO enter the phrase "connect to" and the following will show up

BeemerBiker_0-1644949136839.png

running the app will show the following

BeemerBiker_1-1644949233793.png

A list of possible wireless connections will show up.  Select your laptop.

You can try various options such as extending or mirroring.  Be sure to click "disconnect" to end.  Do not shut the laptop down as it will shut down the AIO instead.

Your AIO and Laptop need to support Miracast which most new system do.  You can check as follows

https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-check-if-your-windows-10-pc-supports-miracast/

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.