Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP d530 CMT (DJ869S)
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Does anyone know about the Silicon Image Sil 164 Carrera ADD Card, the one in the picture below

s-l1600.jpgs-l16001.jpg

It came with my d530 CMT in the AVG slot(old PC)

I Would like to know whether it is a video card or an adapter, and whether there are any drivers needed to install for it

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

What that card does is to allow for digital video via the DVI output.

It might have some small size onboard graphics memory.

It may or may not need a driver for W7.

If it does, post the hardware ID for the adapter, and I'll see if I can find the driver for it.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device.

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

HP Recommended

It doesn't show in Other devices.

must it be plugged to a Monitor/TV so that it shows?

What was previously listed in Other Devices was for the onboard graphics card.

I did the such for the Hardware ID and found that it was for the Intel 82865G Graphics controller.

So I downloaded the driver, but it was for Windows Vista, from the HP support site and fortunately it worked.

After that the Other device tab doesn't show

HP Recommended

That's interesting.

I had 4 of those d530 CMT's at one time, and I put AGP graphics cards in them (Nvidia 6200 and AMD Radeon 9600) because the onboard Intel graphics doesn't support Windows Aero.

When you install an AGP card, the onboard video is supposed to be disabled, so maybe with those DVI ADD cards, they just produce a digital signal via the onboard graphics.

So, see if the card works by removing the VGA cable from the vga port, and hook up a DVI cable to the AGP card.

If you get a display on your monitor, then that is how it must work.

If not, the DVI card or the AGP slot is bad.

HP Recommended

Does the VGA port use the onboard graphics card?

I will try that and reply

HP Recommended

Yes, the blue cable to the VGA port is using the analog output of the onboard Intel graphics adapter.

HP Recommended

I would like to recap an issue I sorted out with you about a week ago, how can I do this?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

yes

but I would like to do it at a later time cause I am compiling something

HP Recommended

That's fine.

I will get an e-mail notification when you reply to either post.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.