HCBPH
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP ENVY 15t-da000 CTO webcam weak and grainy

HP Recommended
Envy 15t-da000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 15t-da000 CTO laptop that lost the hard drive and I didn't have a recovery disk made for it.  I reloaded Windows 10 Home from Microsoft download, took all the Microsoft updates and loaded all the HP drivers plus bios update that would load.  The webcam seems to have less resolution than before plus it's very grainy.  I've adjusted camera settings with no improvement.  I downloaded from HP the video drivers SP104408.exe and sp100489.exe, but neither will install giving the error message "The driver is not supported on this OS version (10.0.19042).

If you check settings in Camera, photo quality best resolution available is 0.3mp.  I've tried checking for updates through device manager and HP Assistant, both show no updates available.  The driver shown installed is "Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher 10.0.18362.20118."

I assume there should be a better webcam driver available but I have not found one, anyone have an idea where I can find a better driver for this unit?

Thanks in Advance.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation