cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP ENVY 32 Media Display: LED-backlit LCD Display Failure.

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 32 Media Display with BeatsAudio
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This HP ENVY 32 Media Display has been a beautiful, dedicated, external monitor for my HP Entertainment Laptop. Both the laptop and monitor were protected behind a UPS during a power company cable failure. Now the LCD-LED backlit display is useless.

The power company had a cable failure to my apartment unit causing the cable to overheat, melt and arc. As it was reaching critical failure, my UPS started working hard to manage the fluctuating input power. I started the process of shutting everything down when the power company cable failed completely and all power was lost to my apartment unit. Once the power company cable was repaired, the monitor was never the same and exhibited mild pulsing (1-2 sec) of the brightness of the display.

After a second, identical failure of the power company cable within a month, the range of the brightness in the pulsing got worse and now the display itself has completely failed leaving only a strange image of vertical lines of blurred colors. You can tell the displayed content is light or dark. Minimizing/maximizing the windows can be detected as a change in overall light or dark on the monitor but it is useless for display purposes.

I have followed the troubleshooting steps at https://support.hp.com/my-en/product/hp-envy-32-inch-displays/7263216/document/c01295035 using different cables, inputs and a different computer but there is no change. I have taken the external power supply to an electronics shop and tested it with a multi-meter and the 19.x DC output is fine and steady, no pulsing so it is not damaged. The power light on the display changes from amber (standby) to white (signal on) when connected to a computer signal via HDMI.

The display is out of warranty. Is there any salvaging the monitor? Is there any control unit or circuit board that can be replaced at reasonable repair cost compared to a new monitor. 

Regards,
Mark

HP Entertainment Laptop HP-DV6-6105TX, Intel NUC NUC5i5RYH, HP ENVY 32-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor Quad-HD
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
1,836 1,813 172 723
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
the best you can do is go to a professional.
Usually they can do a repair estimate free
Find out from your insurance if there is not a possible support!

signature:
Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :
Sorry i'm using translate.google:
give the model and P/n product number of the device :
example: HP Phoenix h9-1228ef HPE product no.P / N: C0B64EA :
Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer / solution to the problem

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation