Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Recline Touch All in One - 27-k320la
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Herllo;

I have problem with my HP ENVY Recline Touch All in One - 27-k320la. Windows 8.1, 16 GB RAM. i7 processor etc...

I got an issue with a ghost points within the Touchscreen, after looking around the only way to get the computer working was to disable it. but also; in order to get it run properly I read that updating the BIOS will solve the issue, guess what!  My computer is gone now.

After upgrading the BIOS now the computer never came up, it got stocked at the HP logo and never start Windows OS,

I did follow all instructions suggested to go to the BIOS UEFI environment, and there, nothing happens. all combination keys, jumpers ,BIPS,  BIOS battery were tried to solve the issue and Still having my computer dead.

Is there any way to downgrade the BIOS?.

How can I get into the UEFI menu to change the BIOS?.

As I said; I got stocked after clicking windows + B keys

This is what I got

Processor size : Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-4790T CPU @ 2.70GHz

Processor Speed: 2700MHz

L1/L2/L3 Cache: 32Kbx4 / 256Kbx4 / 8192KB

Memory: 12288MB DDR3 / 1600 MHz / Dual Channel

Channel A: XMM1 8192 MB

Channel B: XMM2 8192 MB

BIOS Rev/date: v80.10 07/03/2018

Press ESC to Start Menu

Nothing happen after this point

I just want my lovely computer back.

Can you help me?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ramggcc
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

You can try to Install a BIOS recovery file from the HP website using a USB flash drive. To complete this step, you need a second working computer with an active Internet connection. 

1. Obtain the product number for the original notebook that requires a BIOS recovery. This number is typically found on a label on the bottom of the notebook or on the box it shipped in. Go to How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? for additional options.

NOTE: The general family name near the keyboard or on the frame around the display is not specific enough for identifying correct download files.

Notebook computer label with the product number highlighted

2. Insert a blank USB flash drive into an available port on the second computer.

3. Go to HP Software & Driver Downloads and enter the product number of the original computer.

NOTE: If you upgraded the original computer to a new Windows version, in the Selected operating system pane, click Change, select the original operating system that came with your computer, and then click Change.
  4. Click BIOS, and then review the details of the latest available version or the specific version recommended for the recovery. Confirm it is the correct BIOS update before proceeding.

5. Click Download, and then click Run.

6. In the InstallShield Wizard window, click Next.

InstallShield Wizard

7. Select I accept the terms in the license agreement and then click Next.

8. Choose to remove or keep the files after the recovery, and then click Next to open the HP BIOS Update and Recovery window.

9. Select Create Recovery USB flash drive, and then click Next.

Create Recovery USB flash drive in HP System BIOS Update Utility

10. Select your USB flash drive, and then click Next to copy the BIOS file to the drive.

11. When 'The recovery flash drive was created successfully' displays, click Finish.

12. Remove the flash drive from the computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello;

I thank you, your detailed procedure; even tough I did it before, I decided to give you another try.

There's no way to make the USB Flash drive work, nothing happens after!

I cannot get into the BIOS nor UEFI environments.

The same HP Logo freeze and after using windows + B keys I got the same screen data and cannot go anywhere from there; nothing happens from the keyboard keys, everything is freeze.

Is there any other way to make UEFI-BIOS available?

Thanks a lot

Ramón

HP Recommended

@Ramggcc
Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.