C_Monster
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP ENVY TE01 keeps freezing

HP Recommended
HP ENVY TE01
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased this computer over President's Day weekend, so it is fairly new. I purchased the HP ENVY TE01 but had some added customizations. 

The issue I'm having is that the screen will shut off or freeze completely. Initially, I thought this was due to the monitor, but after switching monitors, VGA and HDMI cables to try various tests the issue is still occurring.

The freezing/lock up happens at random times. I've run tests/ diagnostics in the BIOS and everything indicates no error or issue. However, the only way I can turn the computer back on is to do a hard-shut down, which I imagine isn't healthy for the computer system.

I'm not sure what to do at this point and am considering just returning this product, if only I can get a hold of a person to do so. If there are further suggestions or just instructions to return this product, then I would be greatly appreciative.

**UPDATE: Now the system freezes and turns to a pink/red screen without any mouse or keyboard capabilities

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,525
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

A brand new PC, out of box experience, should not exhibit the behavior you are experiencing.

Where did you buy the PC, retail or HP Store?

Return to the retailer or contact HP Sales. You have a return/exchange period.

Regards

0 Kudos
C_Monster
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks! I think I will start the return process. I bought it from the HP online store.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation