JTE1
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP ENVY does not scale up to 4K

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 27S
macOS 10.15 Catalina

When I first bought my HP ENVY 27 S, connected it to my MacBook and it displayed at 4K nicely. After some time it suddenly dropped to 2560x1600 and I cannot change that setting to 3840x2160 any more. I bought several HMDI-cables to fix this problem but nothing seems to help. Does anybody have a solution to fix this problem?

I checked my MacBook with a LG 4K television but then it works fine using the same cables. Is this a hardware problem with the monitor? Can it be fixed?

1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,112 24,765 2,899 10,735
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JTE1 , welcome to the forum.

If you have a DisplayPort on your MacBook you might try connecting the monitor DP to DP.  My Samsung monitor can only produce 3840x2160 using the DP.  Also, the only driver that is available for the monitor is for Windows.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation