Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDisplay 243m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I bought recently a HP EliteDisplay 243m with a built-in webcam and speakers. Speakers are working fine, but the Webcam is not working at all. I have installed the driver , but even with the driver, the webcam is not detected by any of the admin tool, nor the webconf apps I am using.

Any tips / recommandations ?

thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

in the E243m box there is an USB-A to USB-B cable.

wecbam works if you attach that cable between PC and monitor

does your computer has a USB-A port ? if yes, connect the USB-A-to-USB-B cable to USB-B port of E243m.

bye

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello

in the E243m box there is an USB-A to USB-B cable.

wecbam works if you attach that cable between PC and monitor

does your computer has a USB-A port ? if yes, connect the USB-A-to-USB-B cable to USB-B port of E243m.

bye

HP Recommended

Big Thanks ! That works perfectly now.

Have a great day.

Francois.

HP Recommended

I recently purchased the same monitor with the integrated webcam, microphone and speakers and have been pulling my hair out for the last 3 days!  Thank goodness for this post!!  The monitor itself works beautiful, with instructions on how to connect it to the PC.  However, the monitor could have come with ADDITIONAL instructions on how to get the webcam to work with this particular model. Obviously, you NEED to connect the USB-A to USB-B cable to have  your camera acknowledged by ANY of your camera using apps!  The added instructions could have saved me...THREE (1hr phone calls to HP. No one had a CLUE) and 35hrs of troubleshooting into the wee hours of the last few nights!   All I have to say is... WOW!  

HP Recommended

Yep not an easy one. Difficult to understand why we need two cables connected between laptop and screen.

But all good now, and yes that’s a nice Display.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.