GLYTCH
2 0 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP EliteDisplay Monitor Image Scaling Greyed Out

HP Recommended
HP EliteDisplay E242
Other

I have an HP EliteDisplay E242 16:10, 1200p Monitor.

I've connected an Xbox One to it which will only display 16:9, 1080p resolution.

The Monitor stretches the image from 1080p to 1200p, making circles appear as ovals.

Monitor Output:

Desired:

Manual

The manual says it should preserve the aspect ratio, adding letterbox black bars:

60.45 cm (23.8-inch) diagonal viewable screen area with 1920 x 1080 resolution, plus full-screen support for lower resolutions; includes custom scaling for maximum image size while preserving original aspect ratio.

OSD
When I go to the onscreen display to change options, Image Scaling is greyed out. From what I've read online it should have the options Fill-to-Screen, Fill-to-Aspect and Pixel-for-Pixel.

Would anyone know how to get around this, or is there a firmware update that can unlock that menu?

3 REPLIES 3
AndreyRa
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem. I'm using Samsung DeX (FHD is the only supported mode) and got exactly same problem. Does anyone found solution how to disable automatic image resize from 1080 to 1200 pixels?

0 Kudos
Jorupify
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Man, I have the exact same problem but with my PS4. Did you ever find a solution for this problem?

0 Kudos
callmetim
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem.. Did you find a solution for it? 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation