Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp23se-d394
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy 23 All in one touchscreen pc and since I upgraded to windows 10 I have a problem where the HDMI Input one the side (some people refer to it as a Game Port for you to display your game console i use it for mac mini input) does not work. 

I was able to find a new driver from HP for the HP My Display application (sp67046).   I unstall it using add/remove Programs, restart the computer, install the new driver and it works but only until the next time I have to reboot the computer.  Rebooting breaks something and I have to go through the process all over again. 

Is there anyway to prevent this new driver from getting overwritten on reboot? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @DeannaShue,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! It's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the HP display application driver is getting overwritten or uninstalled every time you restart the computer.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

I would like to know whether the driver is getting replaced by any Windows generic driver? If yes, I recommend you to follow below steps.

Just uninstalling drivers or updates won’t prevent them from being installed again. There’s no way to “hide” an update or block updates from within Windows itself, but Microsoft provides a downloadable tool to do this. It’s intended for temporarily hiding buggy or otherwise problematic while they don’t work properly on your system.

You can download the “Show or hide updates” troubleshooter for Windows 10 from Microsoft.

When you run this troubleshooter, it will search for available updates and allow you to “hide” them, preventing Windows from automatically installing them. In the future, you can run this troubleshooter again and unhide the updates when you want to install them.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Cool utility, however,  I ran it but it didn't seem to list any drivers that were obviously related to the display.  I hid them all anyway and restarted but something still got over written as usual and it reverted back to its broken state.  Not sure what I was supposed to do though other than hide the updates?

HP Recommended
I feel quite silly as I have solved my own issue. I happened to notice that while in working state when I right click on the desktop the display setting menu has that My HP Display Running. Made me think that it's simply not running at startup. There was an option to run it at start up and that solved it. I was jumping through hoops just to start an app I had the whole time. Duh! Thabks for your help as that lead me to notice my idiocy!
HP Recommended

@DeannaShue

It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution (don't worry, happens to most geniuses, once in a while) 😉

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Install newest HP My Display driver from http://www.portrait.com/dtune/hpw/enu/upgrade.html, it will work for Windows 10.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.