Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to connect a XBOX to the HDMI input port on the side of the all in one computer, it has 4 buttons on top of the port, and none of them allows me to switch between computer screen and console screen.

I am running Windows 10 Home Ver 1909 64 bits.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @BlueSkyJupiter ,

What is the product number or complete product name of your PC.

Your description of it as an''Envy 23' is a bit too generic for me to get the tech specs on your PC. 

Have you pressed the HDMI in button on the bottom front of the PC to enable the input? Pressing the button will switch the PC to HDMI mode and allow the input from the XBox.

More information on using the port is in the HP document at the link below this line.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04092080

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks Erico, my model number is C1A83AV#ABA.

I tried pressing the buttons on the side and non of them work. From the HP Site, I found that the " HP My Display App" works for Windows 7 and 8, but I am not sure if it works win Windows 10.

HP Recommended

When you press the button as described in the document I provided the link to, does the the HDMI onscreen display menu appear?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

This particular model does not have the button under the screen frame, the buttons are over the HDMI port on the right side of the computer. There are 4 buttons, one for kind of output from the XBOX to the Computer, the next one to return the video to the computer video to the screen and an volume - and +.

HP Recommended

If you would like us to answer your questions and help you it has to work both ways.  That means answering my or our questions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.