BlueSkyJupiter
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Envy 23 HDMI Port not working Windows 10

HP Recommended
ENVY 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to connect a XBOX to the HDMI input port on the side of the all in one computer, it has 4 buttons on top of the port, and none of them allows me to switch between computer screen and console screen.

I am running Windows 10 Home Ver 1909 64 bits.

5 REPLIES 5
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,959 42,198 4,643 12,408
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @BlueSkyJupiter ,

What is the product number or complete product name of your PC.

Your description of it as an''Envy 23' is a bit too generic for me to get the tech specs on your PC. 

Have you pressed the HDMI in button on the bottom front of the PC to enable the input? Pressing the button will switch the PC to HDMI mode and allow the input from the XBox.

More information on using the port is in the HP document at the link below this line.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04092080

I am not an HP Employee.
BlueSkyJupiter
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Erico, my model number is C1A83AV#ABA.

I tried pressing the buttons on the side and non of them work. From the HP Site, I found that the " HP My Display App" works for Windows 7 and 8, but I am not sure if it works win Windows 10.

0 Kudos
erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When you press the button as described in the document I provided the link to, does the the HDMI onscreen display menu appear?

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
BlueSkyJupiter
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This particular model does not have the button under the screen frame, the buttons are over the HDMI port on the right side of the computer. There are 4 buttons, one for kind of output from the XBOX to the Computer, the next one to return the video to the computer video to the screen and an volume - and +.

0 Kudos
erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you would like us to answer your questions and help you it has to work both ways.  That means answering my or our questions.

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation