cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreasKost
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Envy 27" 4k -MacBookPro Setup - Flickering issue when connected through USB-C -DisplayPort cable

HP Recommended
HP Envy 27" 4k
macOS 10.15 Catalina

So my setup is:
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)

I am connected to HP Envy 27" 4k via a cable USB-C to Displayport.

The issue:
On 4k resolution as soon as some faster action happens on screen the monitor flickers to black and back. As it switches off an on. I saw there was a similar thread with a windows setup.

What I tested and tried with ZERO result:
Unplugged and plugged the cable 😛- didn't work
Unplugged monitor and disconnected every single cable for about  30 min, plugged back in- didn't work

Connect to every single port that my mac has- didn't work
Switched my Radeon Pro 460 4 GB to Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB that the mac has- didn't work
Tried the same cable on a Different monitor no flickering on 4k- didn't work
A Different cable on the same monitor still flickering- didn't work
Apple adapter to HDMI cable 1920x1080 no flickering bad image quality obviously- didn't work

Apple adapter to HDMI cable maxed out to 2k no flickering - didn't work
I tried also swearing - didn't work

Frustration Lvl maxed out also... 😛 😵

So what would you do in my position... 😅 BTW my first ever experience with HP monitors... and maybe my last

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation