Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy Recline 27
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I reinstalled Windows 10 on this computer and now the HDMI input no longer works. In researching this, it appears I need a different driver. Going to the official support site, HP only provides a Windows 8.1 driver. I download that and of course it won’t run as I’m on Windows 10. I previously had the HDMI input working on Windows 10. Just need to find a suitable driver. Lots of sketchy sites on the internet. Would be nice for HP to not force us to these sites to find a driver. Any help is appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I got it!

I uninstalled, and deleted drivers, from within Device Manager.  I did this for the Nvidia and the Intel HD Graphics drivers. I had no Display Adapters within Device Manager. Rebooted and everything started working. Going into Device Manager afterwards, both the Nvida and Intel display adapters were reinstalled.

Some very strange behaviour indeed.  This can be closed. with this post being the resolution.

Thanks,

Trent

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your PC?

Use this guide to find that information...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01492484

HP Recommended

hp envy recline 27-k119 windows 10 drivers "hdmi"

HP Recommended

Hi:

Since HP does not have any W10 drivers for the Nvidia graphics, see if manually installing the W8.1 graphics driver as follows works...

Download and save the Nvidia graphics driver.   Do not run it.

This package provides the driver for the NVIDIA GeForce GT 730A graphics solutions in supported models that are running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64501-65000/sp64947.exe

Then download and install this free file utility.  The 2nd file at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

https://www.7-zip.org/

After you install 7-Zip, right click on the graphics driver file you saved.

Have 7-Zip Extract to:  and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp64947).

Once that is done, go to the device manager.  Click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category.

Click on the graphics adapter listed there.  If the graphics driver is not installed, it will be named as a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.'

Click on Have Disk and browse to the driver folder that 7-Zip created>src>Display.Driver>NVHDC setup information file, click Next and hopefully, the driver will install.

If it does, after the installation is completed, restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul.  I did as you suggested and the driver loaded just fine.  HDMI input still doesn't work.  Would there be a different driver responsible for HDMI input, or is there a configuration or setting required?  I did work in Windows 10 before reinstalling Windows.

Thanks,

Trent

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Trent.

That driver should have gotten the HDMI port to work if the display adapter device category shows the Nvidia graphics adapter listed there.

Since it didn't, unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

HP Recommended

I installed the driver twice to be sure it took.  First time, I selected the Nvidia geforce 730A and updated the driver.  Second time, it showed the Nvidia geforce 730A drive AND a Nvidia geforce GT 730A driver.  The GT in the title was new.  It showed both drivers on the second install.  When I go into device manager, it only shows the GT version of the driver.

HP Recommended

Did you try reinstalling W8.1, install the drivers from the support page, test that everything works, and then upgrade back to W10?

If not, you may want to do that.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, reverting back to Windows 8.1 is a pretty big lift.  I'm not sure I even have the media to do this again.  Would I be able to go to the Nvidia site and pull down an official Nvidia driver?

Feels to me like it is more than just the graphics driver that needs to be updated to get the physical button to select the HDMI input. Could there be another driver (i.e. input devices) that also needs to be updated after the fresh install of Windows 10?

Thanks,

Trent

HP Recommended

Hi, Trent:

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier...

I did a search by the graphics adapter your PC has on the HP website, and found a HP ENVY Recline 23-m210ea PC that has the same graphics card as yours, but it has W10 drivers.

See if this W10 driver works...

10.18.13.5330       Windows 10 (64-bit)     Jul 17, 2015

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71881.exe

If you need any other drivers such as the audio and whatnot, here is the support page for that model...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-Recline-23-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series/646...

Do not use any BIOS or firmware software from that model on yours.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.