92 64 0 2
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP LA2306x driver not loading on HP dc7100 USDT desktop

HP Recommended
HP Compaq dc7100 USDT
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Folks,

I've just done a successful clean re-install of Windows 10 Professional but Device Manager shows that the Display Adapter driver installed is the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, wheras I have an LA2306x monitor which was loaded correctly before the Windows re-install.

Previously, the driver was installed by running the Vista driver from sp60549. Doing so now HP Display Installer shows that it has installed correctly but Device Manager still shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter as installed and working correctly. Device Manager under Monitors also shows the LA2306x installed and working correctly but it seems to be ignored by Windows . Using "update driver" finds nothing newer. I've also repeated the install via sp60549 having first uninstalled the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver with the same effect. I've also downloaded and tried the Win7 driver from HP Support site downloads but it is the same as the Vista  version and has exactly the same effect.

Using HP Display Assistant shows the installed driver to be Native Driver = Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, with Native Driver Date = 2006.06.21. I am at a loss what I'm doing wrong (differently from original install about 5 years ago) and what to try next so your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and stay safe.

George

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation