Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
27XW Monitor
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

I bought an HP 27XW monitor on Monday and haven't had any real issues until today. I'm running it on a MacBook Pro.

In order to type, I have been using the keyboard on the laptop with the monitor connected to the Mac laptop, which is a pain and somewhat defeats the purpose of buying an external monitor. So today I bought a Logitech K750 bluetooth keyboard, which is designed specifically for the Mac. However, as soon as I inserted the bluetooth received in the MacBook and closed the lid, the monitor presented a notice that it was going into sleep mode. I tried several times to open the laptop so the monitor would come on, which it did, but then as soon as I closed the laptop the monitor goes into sleep mode.

I don't know if there may be a conflict between the two bluetooth receivers (I also have one for the mouse - why can't they come up with a keyboard and mouse that are wireless but don't require bluetooth receivers?).

The MacBook only has two USB ports and they are adjacent to each other so I don't have an option to move one of the receivers "away" from the other one. (I've had situations in the past with my desktops where there was a conflict between two bluetooth receivers, which was resolved by moving one from the front to the back of the computer but I don't have that option with the MacBook.

Any help would be appreciated.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.