Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
32" OMEN HP 32
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

A year ago, I bought a brand new OMEN 32, after a while I noticed that sometimes, when the display should go to sleep mode it instead starts to flicker with horizontal black/purple stripes over the image in the background. When I move the mouse and wake it up, everything seems to be back to normal. Nevertheless, when this happens, none of the display buttons seem to work anymore and afterwards if the sleep mode is triggered, the black/purple flickering is back. Display cant be turned off, only thing that works is unpluging the power cord. Sometimes several days pass before this happens again but it seems to be more often now. It looks like some firmware issue and since I cannot reproduce this error on purpose, I am affraid they wont be able to do anything with this in servis. Has anyone faced anything like this or does anybody have any good advice?

Thanks!

Oh yes, and some specs, connected via DP to GF 1080Ti, I have tried to change almost all the power management features in the OSD menu, without success, also 60/75Hz does not make any difference.

This is how it looks:

Black/purple flickeringBlack/purple flickering

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PavelBartos1,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the display starts flickering randomly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number of the Omen?

Have you tried connecting the monitor to a different computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver on your computer and check if it helps.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry it took me some time to reply but I was out on a business trip. Nevertheless, to answer your questions below:

Product number is W9S97AA.

I have not tried to connect it to another computer, I don't actually have anything else I could connect to this display. Though I have another display (different brand)  which does not flicker at all when I plug it in the same DP.

Version of the BIOS and GF should be up to date.

I have also noticed, that since my last check, the warranty on my product has expired back in May 2019, yet it was showing April 2020 two weeks ago, strange coincidence...

Thanks for your "generic" troubleshooting tips, but I was hoping for something more like personal experience, I guess this is not an ordinary issue with a "simple" fix. To be honest, I have spent more time investigating this issue than I ever wanted to, and starting this thread was my last resort. So, I'll keep on waiting until someone finds a solution, if there is any and hopefully this display outlives it too.

Once again, thanks for the support and have a great day!

Pavel

HP Recommended

@PavelBartos1,

As you have mentioned that a different display works fine on the computer it confirms that it is a hardware issue. I recommend you contact support and check the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.