Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi ! 

I have HP omen 32 inch monitor with broken LCD.  Product Number: W9S97AA. 

I was wondering if it was possible to fix it.  + is it possible to order LCD spare part itself so I can repair it (change it with broken one)

I have fixed my previous LG model, I was able to find spare screen. 

Best wishes, 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

hi

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-32-inch-displays/11528087/model/11528088/manuals

Unfortunately unlike some models, there is no disassembly guide, here..
If you go to hp part service, you don't get part numbers.

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=W9S97AA
If you manage to disassemble (we could find a video maybe)
That you have the part number, you have a small chance
But you have the risk of buying this for nothing if you make a mistake, to see the cost of the repair also..
See, if it's worth it, rather than buying another screen
If necessary, a quick note here , and I can try to search with you, if you have the reference directly on the part to be replaced!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi ! Thank you for your reply.  I will try to disassemble it myself. If it has it has serial number I will share with you. 

I have ordered another used omen monitor and will get it in week, max two.  I really want to fix this as well, I usually fix electronics when it is not super hard, or needs some specialized tools.   

I have also searched for parts on HP website, and could not find anything.  

I will disassemble on these days and share info I find out of the specific part. 

HP Recommended

So I have dissembled the monitor.

AUO M320DVN01.0  - this is the screen that is used on HP Omen 32 inch , currently looking for spare one. 

HP Recommended

@IKA123 

did you find?
I have results, only, as I am in France, it should not probably match with you?

or I don't know if ok, secure, particular origin , no price etc !!

example

https://www.twscreen.com/en/lcdpanel/16299

https://www.lcds-screen.com/fr/products/M320DVN01.0_AUO.html
do you not also have another reference, see the link, in general the hp references are of this form

709566-003A/C Adapter - Airen, 90W EPS, 89% EFF, 19.5V, 3P/RC
5188-6294High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) cable - Supports standard, enhanced, or high-definition video, plus multi-channel digital audio

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Unfortunately you can not find on HP parts website... The screen was originally manufactured in China by/for AUO, which then distributed it to HP (I guess).  I have found some options ranging 100$-200$ or more.  I was able to  buy second used HP Omen 32inch monitor about month ago for 180$ (400hrs working time)  + shipping 50-60$ including taxes.  I live in Georgia (country) and shipping here from china costs around 10-15$ per KG, and the screen is 5gks,  So basically it would cost 150$-300$ to get this part... I will most probably buy this part someday, but shipping from China became like 2x3x expensive then it was before so not sure.   

HP Recommended

Unfortunately you can not find on HP parts website...
No, I know but often, if you have the reference in this form, you manage to find elsewhere
it would be a bit complicated and boring to find examples , but i have seen this in the past for other elements
in short, if you launch, and get there ..
please come back, give all this in detail, if it can help other users
reference, photo, which of dismantling etc!
I'm not forcing you to do anything, but it would be nice

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I will be glad to share info in case I will be able to fix it. 

I will also share photos while I will be fixing it. 

HP Recommended

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.