Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP OMNI 100-5155
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Okay, so i have been having a problem with my ALL-IN-ONE lately, when i plug in the AC cord and press the power button, i hear a fan and the lights turn on, but no matter what i do, the display will not turn on, but the lights and fan do, i know that there is a fix to this without opening the computer which i cannot do(i can but dont have the tools or it). Anything will help, someone please help me

P.S. I do not actually know the bit of the computer as i have never been into the computer, i got it from a friend and it never turned on, i do know its running windows 7 though..... SOMEONE PLSE HELP ME!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Truckman2233

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

Perform the steps in this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03561545  to resolve an issue where a screen has power but does not display anything.

Step 1: Performing a hard reset to resolve a blank screen issue

Step 2: Listen to the computer and look at the lights to resolve a blank screen issue

Step 3: Resetting the BIOS when the computer screen is blank

Step 4: Turning off SATA Power Management (if HP logo screen displays)

Step 5: Reseating loose internal components

Step 6: Have the hardware serviced after troubleshooting a blank computer screen issue

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I was never able to get the computer on, I have tried resetting the display(The hard reset), and I cant reset the BIOS without the display being on that I know of, I never see the HP logo, but the fan is blowing the air out and the power LED is on, but no other lights are on and also no beeps happen
HP Recommended

@Truckman2233

This sounds like a hardware related issue,

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.