Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 880-101NA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got this gaming PC for christmas:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-Intel-GTX1060-Gaming-Desktop/dp/B079V7QYHG

Every since, I've been trying to get the display/screen on (not sure how to explain it)

I'm not sure exactly what cables I need for this computer.

This PC works and all like the fans are spinning and everything like that.

I tried a DVI-D cable which is like 10 years old (I know it most likely won't work but it was worth a shot) and that just gave me a black screen.

I tried a HDMI cable into the GPU to the monitor which had no signal.

I tried a TV with the HDMI but also got no signal. (This TV doesn't have DVI-D port)

I'm not home right now but I'm gonna take the GPU out and see if it works if I put my hdmi in my motherboard but I'm not sure if that voids my warranty?

I'm also a bit confused by the GPU it says it's a GeForce GTX 1060 but it doesn't look like one. (I've attached some images)

It says it's a GTX 1060 but doesn't look like one?It says it's a GTX 1060 but doesn't look like one?This is a picture I found on google that looks exactly like my PC  and I'm not home so I couldn't take one myself rather than finding one on GoogleThis is a picture I found on google that looks exactly like my PC and I'm not home so I couldn't take one myself rather than finding one on Google

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Does anyone know what cables I need exactly to see the screen (not sure how to explain it)

HP Recommended

@jokers1

I strongly suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options since opening up the computer and replacing cables by yourself will void the warranty

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.