Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen Display Z7Y57A9#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello

My HP Omen Display Z7Y57A9#ABA is stuck in standby mode, displaying a solid red light on the front and completely unresponsive when I hit the on/standby button. I have already tried unplugging it for 30+ seconds and plugging it back in just to get the same result

I have also confirmed that my computer is on, running correctly, and will still send a picture to my TV. My monitor is less than a year old, and it's extremely concerning that I'm already having issues like this, so any troubleshooting help would be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Voltz2113,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you tried to connect an alternate monitor and check if the issue persists?

Let's try these steps here: 

If the monitor displays any of these messages when the computer should be displaying video, something is wrong.

If you suspect the monitor should be displaying an image from the PC instead of the message, use one of the following sections that match how the monitor behaves after the computer is powered on:

• Windows opens, but after a while the monitor displays the message
  • Startup screens display, but the message opens before the Windows desktop opens
  • The message is the only item that displays on the screen

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how it goes!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't have another monitor I can connect with the display cable, but the computer sends picture to my TV just fine via HDMI input, but still get a black screen on the monitor when I use the HDMI input. 

Like I said in my original post, the monitor is 100% unresponsive when attempting to wake it with the on/standby button or when hitting any other buttons

HP Recommended

@Voltz2113,

In this scenario, I would suggest you could try to perform a factory reset on the Monitor. 

Step 1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the monitor and the wall
Step 2. Hold the power button down for at least one minute
Step 3. Plug the power cord back into the monitor and then into the wall outlet (not a power bar or surge protector)
Step 4. Press the Menu button on the monitor
Step 5. Navigate to the Factory Reset option and select it
Step 6. Try a different cable connecting your monitor to your computer.

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would personally suggest this could be a possible hardware failure with the Monitor.

I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP support team can be reached on this link.

Let me know if you need any further assistance!

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.