Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 21 all in one touchsmart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I recently bought a new but old stock HP Pavilion 21 all-in-one touch smart with Windows 8, got it home, set it up and all worked fine.  It said I could upgrade to windows 10 so I upgraded.  But the touchscreen stopped working once windows 10 I could move the desktop icon from one place to another but it wouldn't open any of the icons, also the HP touch keyboard would pop up when click with mouse but it would make all the clicking noises as if I were typing however it would not show up in a place where I selected it to type in,  it works in firefox browser only, opening other tabs, typing into search.  Just wont work in windows 10.

I did the F2 and checked the touch screen everything worked fine not a problem so it seems it is a software issue.

I tried the removing and reinstalling it via the device manager under human interface.  But that didn't work.  I updated the driver but that didn't work either.

The only thing I have not tried was to update the BIOS.  however when I look for the BIOS family info all I can find is AMI 80.08 03/04/2014.  Can't find any BIOS flash with that family name on it.  and I can only get the BIOS flash if I say I am looking for it in windows 8 and like I said there is no update for that BIOS family name.  It did have some after that date but the family names are different so I figured they wont work.

I also reset it to Windows 8 and everything worked fine.  then I upgraded it to windows 10 again and the same issue.

Anyone find any solutions for this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Chette777

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. 

I reviewed the case regarding issues with the computer's touchscreen. I will be delighted to assist you here.  

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 😉 

Let's try to install the latest Windows 10 updates.

1. In Windows, search for and open Check for updates.

2. If updates are available, they begin installing automatically.

Windows Update window

3. When update installation is complete, tap the screen to see if it responds.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did update windows 10 and it still does not work completely.   for example I can drag and Icon around the screen but then it wont stay where I put it.  It will work in firefox and chrome browswer with no problem.  Just doesn't want to work in windows 10. 

I have tried everything and yet with no results.

I am thinking about contacting to see if there is a BIOS flash update for this mother board and see if that will work.

I can use it without the touch screen.  But my disabled son knows only how to touch icons a choose usig a touch screen I was hoping to give this one to him.

We'll just have to wait and see if anything can be done.

Thanks for you help.

HP Recommended

@Chette777

Thank you for the response.

I'm sending out a Private message with the required information's,

Good Luck. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.