Did you mean: 
lllane7
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Pavilion 23-q114

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to connect a 3rd monitor to my HP Pavilion 23-q114 desktop computer. I currently am using an HDMI to VGA adapter to connect a 2nd monitor. There are 2 USB 3.0 ports available and I'm wondering if I can use a USB 3.0 port or another port for video without needing to purchase a port replicator/docking station. I read on another thread that a USB 3.0 port does not natively carry video and would require a dock or port replicator. Thanks in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1
praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,491 470 747
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@lllane7 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to connect the 3rd monitor to your computer.

Do not worry. I will try to help you in this regard.

Please refer to the following link to HP PCs - Using Two or More Monitors with One Computer (Windows 10, 😎

You can use the USB to HDMI adapter. As shown below.

You could purchase the part from HP, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx 

And order it via the HP Parts store: https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/CountryChoice.aspx?mscssid=&ccode=ZZ&lcode=ZZ 

Or alternatively, Contact HP for setting up an order/service via phone support   

Or you can contact local stores and purchase the adapter.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation