Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 2509m Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I entered the OSC and changed the brightness. When I exited my display went black. The power button shows that the display is on however, it is black. If I turn the display off then on again I see my desktop butafter 1-2 seconds the screen goes black again. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @mpjbay,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with the display on your HP Monitor. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

Let's start off by restoring the monitor to the factory settings. In order to do that, 

To restore the factory settings, access the OSD menu, select Factory Reset, and then select Yes

For more assistance, please go through the User guide of your Monitor and scroll down to Chapter 4 - Operating the Monitor.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to Uninstall the display drivers from Device Manager.

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.

Check the box that states delete the software for this device.

Once done, restart the computer. Once the computer restarts it will automatically look for the drivers and install it.

If you come across any issue, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As mentioned in the OP the display is black and I cannot see anything including the OSD

HP Recommended

Hi @mpjbay,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you tried to follow the instructions and found that the screen is black and cannot perform any steps. I would suggest this could be a possible hardware failure. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for available service related options.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Jeet, someone --  have the exact same problem, caused by the same step [changing the brightness on the OSD from 90 to 100].

It's not the computer, cabling, tried another monitor. Plugging into computer as 2nd monitor shows display for about 2 seconds perfect, then black and can't see the OSD.

Tried the power-cable out, hit Power button for a minute, same with the Menu button for a minute, and Auto for a minute tricks.

About three years ago similar problem happened and I found a key combination that would reset to factory default without the OSD. Can't find it again, and I've tried every combination I can think of.

Please research, I know that process is available somewhere.

HP Recommended

Solved - installed the HP Display Assistant, rebooted, and there was the monitor working again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.