Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 27-A227c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Pavilion 27-A227c touchscreen feature not working and it appears, from the year old discussion threads, there there is not a fix by HP and there doesn't appear that anyone is working to fix the problem. It seems that HP will be okay with a class action law suit to make them more interested in trying to resolve this widespread issue. I purchased this product with the expectation of having the touchscreen feature without it not working after only a  couple of years of use. I will now escalate this to those interested in pursuing a legal class action against this company who seemingly has no intention of making this right.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello there,

please goto your computer brand site.

Enter service tag or detect pc.

In *Drivers and Downloads* select system BIOS and download system BIOS for your pc.

Open the downloaded file and update your system BIOS.(make sure your pc is plugged in).

system will automatically restart and your touch screen will be working now!!!!

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help. Unfortunately, after downloading the Bios update, it still did not work. This is what I downloaded: 

BIOS Version: F.37 Rev.A

Operating systems: Windows 10 (64-bit)

Release date: Jan 25, 2021

File name: sp112470.exe  (9.3 MB)

I rebooted the computer several times after installation. But no go. 

HP Recommended

If it's a hardware problem, which it usually is, then there is no 'quick fix'. The only fix for failed hardware is to replace the faulty hardware. In this model, it's either the mainboard or the TS itself.

A BIOS update won't make a lick of difference to 'making it work again'.

Try the following:

Turn the PC on and keep tapping F2, when it boots into diags, go to component tests, then choose touch screen. If the option is there, run the tests and see if you're able to interact with it OK.

If the option for 'touch screen' is NOT there, then that means the touch screen is not being detected on a hardware level.

If that's the case, then reboot the PC and keep tapping F10 to go into BIOS. Go to security and make sure 'internal usb ports' is ENABLED. These run your TS and webcam.

If the internal USB ports are enabled, but 'touch screen' still does not come up as a test option in the diags, then it's failed on a hardware level and It'll need replacement parts.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.