Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 27xw 27-inch IPS LED Backlit Monitor
Microsoft Windows 11

My new Dell all-in-one computer that came with Windows 11 doesn't recognize HP Pavilion 27xw Monitor. HP website has the monitor driver for up to windows 10. I downloaded it but it didn't help.  Do I have to wait for HP to upgrade the driver to Windows 11? Any other solutions? Thanks for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

there should be no need for monitor driver
I have two screens, one hp, and the other acer, works without additional drivers, or with windows 10 drivers under windows 11
If it doesn't work with your computer, check if it works with another computer!
check replace the cable, try if possible other video sources if possible VGA/hdmi..

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

hi

there should be no need for monitor driver
I have two screens, one hp, and the other acer, works without additional drivers, or with windows 10 drivers under windows 11
If it doesn't work with your computer, check if it works with another computer!
check replace the cable, try if possible other video sources if possible VGA/hdmi..

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi, Thank you for your reply.

The same monitor was previously used in parallel with my old Dell laptop (Windows 10). It was connected via an HDMI cable, and worked perfectly fine. But it doesn't work for my new Dell (Windows 11) with the same connection. 

I heard similar things about that monitors don't need drivers. But why HP provides drivers (windows 8 and 10) for this particular monitor on their support site then? It doesn't make sense. Maybe HP hasn't got a chance to upgrade this driver yet as monitors aren't their major products. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

The problem is solved 😀

Double checked my HP monitor manual and it is a model of plug-and-play, which means it doesn't need a driver. So I checked the cable plug in on the new computer, and push it a little harder. It worked! Maybe the computer is too new and the HDMI slot is too tight. Anyway, everything is fine now.

Thank you so much! 

HP Recommended

Ok ,thank you for giving news, sorry for the delay ..
Yes, indeed, there are no drivers needed for a monitor to work, but sometimes drivers can provide a little extra, but in general it is not necessary for most uses.
see this it's probably best explained

What are the Information Files Required for a Monitor Driver?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph02073

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.