Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion d1021na
Microsoft Windows 11

HP Pavilion 27 inch - d1021na (d1000i series) - what external montor resolution does it support?

One of our users has bought a Samsung 4K monitor and is using a HDMI with Ethernet 4K compatible HDMI cable but the most Windows 11 sees the monitor as supporting is 1920x1080.

The technical specifications for the model are quite vague and dont really give insight as to what resolution the HDMI/MX350 port supports. I can see the HDMI port is 1.4, but does the chip support that?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Joolsey86 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c07764059

It has following ports

• (1) RJ-45 Ethernet port
  • (1) Headphone/microphone combo port
  • (1) HDMI 1.4/HDCP 2.2 input port
  • (1) HDMI 1.4/HDCP 2.2 output port
  • (1) USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A port (5 Gbps signaling rate; Battery Charging 1.2)
  • (2) USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports (5 Gbps signaling rate)
  • (1) USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C port (5 Gbps signaling rate)
  • (1) Power input port
  • (1) HP 3-in-1 memory card reader

You should be able to use 4K monitor @ 30Hz or FHD monitor @60Hz

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply Banhien. I had mentioned I could see it had 1.4 port.

Unfortunately for the user, all he gets presented is 1920x1080 when he tries to set resolution.

Does the chip / GPU support 4K is my question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.