Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 570-p033w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a HP Pavilion 570-p033w that I am trying use with 3 monitors. Here is a link to the PC: 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05577951

My issue is: On the back, all I have is 1 HDMI and 1 VGA. This system uses an onboard graphics card. I've read its very difficult to add another graphics card due to the tower design (front inputs in middle of tower). I would also have to upgrade the power supply even if I found one to fit. 

I looked at the PC's specs and found that the system can handle 3 monitors, but I am not sure how to hook them up. 

Here is the back of my PC:

hp_back.jpeg

The only solution I've read about is using a HDMI to USB 3.0 adapter, but I've read that there is a lag in some cases, which I'd like to avoid. 

Is there any other way that you can think of for me to hook up 3 monitors using the 1 HDMI and 1 VGA port? As in, could either of them possibly handle 2 non-mirrored monitors? 

Just looking for ideas and solutions. Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello
with this type of configuration can be better it is satisfied with two monitors
The pc may not be powerful enough to manage three!
Otherwise, you would have to settle for an adapter like this, but it will not give the same image, I do not see the point!

where then find a graphics card very greedy, because it will be difficult to change the power supply!
Lubin motherboard specifications.
There may be examples here:
this one :
Lubin motherboard
180 W uATX Energy Star 6.0 internal power supply
Radeon RX 460

Rear I/O connectors: DisplayPort + HDMI + DVI-D

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I looking at the posting and the specs, it does nat appear that you can run three monitors using your present hardware.  While the  Integrated Intel HD Graphics spec says it can support three displays, I cannot see that many outputs from the motherboard.

The specs do not even say that two monitors are supported.  I would suggest that some experimentation be done to see it the HDMI and VGA can support monitors at the same time.  If that is possible, then a USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI adapter would be the only way to support a third monitor, without adding a graphics card.

What is the intended use for this third monitor?

These USB adapters work very well, IMHO. 

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Graphics-Multiple-2048x1152-1920x1080/dp/B00A2E1MQA

There are display adapters for whatever type monitor the third one happens to be. 

The stipulation about delay " Best suited for web and productivity software, not 3D gaming or HD video playback."  I have used for video playback and they work fine expect with very high action video, then there may be a slight delay.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.