Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 690-0515NG Gaming Desktop-PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Which GPU fits in my Computer ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The size of the GTX 1080 is going to vary by the manufacturer selected.  Here are some examples:

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Graphics Card

Height: 4.5" / 114 mm
Length: 11" / 280 mm
Width: Dual-Slot

500w power supply

Nvidia Geforce  GTX 1080 Founders Edition 8GB

Height: 4.376
Length: 10.5"

500w power supply

If you are shopping around, use the measurements supplied by the manufacturer to compare to the card already installed.  Then observe which will fit in your space.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

It is not clear what is being questioned, but there is the support page indicating the present card and dimensions

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-690-0000-pc-series/19769765/model/23023307/d...

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB)

• Form Factor: ATX (full height) PCB with ATX dual slot bracket
  • Dimensions: 11.2 cm x 17.3 cm (4.4 x 6.8 in

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

there is a nvidia 1060 gtx with 6 gb build in.

i want to put in a better one. maybe a 1080.

ls the power supply strong enough for it ?

thank you

HP Recommended

According to the spec page posted in my previous post, your PC has a 310w power supply.  From the various sites where I found the NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti listed, they require 500w to 600w power supplies.  Along with the physical size of the card, that requirement needs to be met, also. 

In a parts viewer and parts list

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06499317

the pictures indicate the power supply might not be the dimensions as a regular ATX supply, so you will have to measure and compare before you try to replace the power supply.  Most 500w supplies are close to regular dimensions, I have not compared the 600w units.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

So as far as I understand, the problem would be to find a power supply that fits into the case.

Ok, what I don`t know, would the sice of a for examble GTX 1080 fit =

And thank you for your quick reply.

HP Recommended

The size of the GTX 1080 is going to vary by the manufacturer selected.  Here are some examples:

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Graphics Card

Height: 4.5" / 114 mm
Length: 11" / 280 mm

500w power supply

Nvidia Geforce  GTX 1080 Founders Edition 8GB

Height: 4.376
Length: 10.5"

500w power supply

If you are shopping around, use the measurements supplied by the manufacturer to compare to the card already installed.  Then observe which will fit in your space.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you for all the information. The parts viewer is really helpfull.

At the moment all questions are answered.

HP Recommended

Glad to help.  Let me know how this works out.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.